Call for Artists: An Invitation to Join Pleiades Arts
Pleiades Arts is a vibrant, artist-run and community-oriented nonprofit gallery in the heart of downtown Durham. We are looking for responsible, talented artists who work in either 2D or 3D media to join our membership. We are interested in a variety of high-level art forms including painting, photography, fiber, sculpture, pottery, wood, glass, etc.
Membership to the gallery is by juried selection. An interview also is required. Application materials include a resume, artist statement, and digital images of your recent work.
We would love to hear from you!
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artists who live in the NC Triangle area
- Artists who are available to cover retail hours and events in the gallery
- Artists who want to contribute to goals of our arts organization
- Artists who can pay membership dues each month
- Artists who enjoy being part of a collaborative process
Application Items Needed Please email materials to email@example.com with “Application” in the subject heading:
- Artist Statement (about your work, your process, and why you would like to be part of Pleiades)
- Digital images of 5 recent works with title, medium, dimensions, and sales price (300 dpi, no larger than 1MB each)
- Public exposure of your work year-round in a professional venue with a lot of foot traffic
- Participation in Third Friday, ArtWalk, Centerfest, and other downtown cultural events
- Being part of community efforts to increase access to art, arts education and innovation, and social justice initiatives
- Interaction and collaboration with the local arts communities and an amazing group of fellow member artists
- The power of an organization and gallery behind you and your art
- The member artists of Pleiades financially support the nonprofit. Each artist pays monthly dues.
- Member artists receive monthly checks for 82% of all sales (- 18% commission goes back into the nonprofit). Sales taxes are automatically deducted and tracked for tax purposes.
- Staff the gallery for 3-4 shifts a month (3-4 hours per shift)
- Attend gallery receptions on Third Fridays; also participate in other gallery events
- Further the organization and the gallery by helping with a job such as installation, graphic design, maintaining online calendars, community outreach, fundraising, etc. Selected member artists also serve on the Pleiades Arts Board of Directors.