- Be a member of a vibrant art gallery in a prime downtown retail location (Five Points!)
- Public exposure of your work year-round in an aesthetically pleasing and professional venue
- Gallery participation in Third Friday, ArtWalk, Centerfest, and other downtown cultural events
- All members contribute to the work of running the gallery and thus maintain professional control of the marketing, display, and sales of artwork
- Interaction and collaboration with the local arts communities
- Build clientele through ongoing relationships with customers. More art sells when the artists are present and can talk about the work of each artist in the gallery.
- Receive checks for your sales with taxes already accounted for
- The power of a group and gallery behind you and your art
- Pay monthly dues by the 25th of each month for subsequent month ($275/month)
- Contribute $5-10/month for reception refreshments
- Pay for your artist bio-cards ($40 a couple times a year) following Gallery format
- Artists receive monthly checks for 80% of all sales (- 20% commission that goes back into the gallery infrastructure for marketing, supplies, and other gallery needs). Sales taxes are automatically deducted and tracked for tax purposes.
- Business meeting once a month (10 am, third Tuesday of each month)
- Be at the gallery for 4-5 gallery retail shifts a month (3.5 – 4 hours per shift)
- Attend gallery receptions on Third Fridays; also participate in other gallery events
- Hold a gallery job that furthers the business, such as installation, graphic design, event planning, community outreach, financial reporting, managing receptions, etc.
- Keep in touch with other gallery members via Facebook (private group), Google Calendar, emails, polls, etc.
- Contribute new/fresh work at a minimum every three months. The gallery aims to have all new work on a quarterly basis and rotate work each month to keep a fresh look.
- Supply digital images and text content for marketing purposes in a timely manner
- Create labels for new work following gallery format